Easy Fruit and Vanilla Pound Cake Kebabs
These kebabs are super easy to make, and are a great simple dessert for your next barbecue. I made these for an Independence Day cookout I attended, and they vanished quickly! I used strawberries and blueberries for mine to give them a more patriotic feel, but you could easily swap these out for your favorite fruit. Raspberries or blackberries would also be amazing.
You will need:
- 2 Sticks Unsalted Butter – Room Temperature
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Fruit of your choice
- Whipped Cream for Serving (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit and spray a metal loaf pan ( I used a 9 x 5 pan).
- Beat the butter and sugar together on high until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, vanilla, and salt.
- On low, gradually beat in the flour. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Bake for 55 – 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then take cake out to cool.
- After the cake is cooled. Cut cake into even slices, and cut each slice into cubes. Alternate kebab sticks with your fruit and cake.
What are some of your favorite summer desserts?